TechPublishing Now MS Certified

TechPublishing Now MS Certified
Professor Robert McMillen, MBA Microsoft Certified Trainer and Solutions Expert

Saturday, April 7, 2012

T'was the night before a Techno Christmas

T'was the night before a Techno Christmas

By Robert McMillen, Koin’s Tech Guru
T'was the night before Christmas and all through the house
was whirring and chirring and a laser guided USB mouse.
The kids are getting everything electronic.
I hear Mario, Luigi, and a hedgehog named Sonic.
"We said we would never do this," as my wife looked at me
"They spend day and night playing video games, and cross eyed they now be."
But I remind her of the good things we all get to enjoy
by our children playing these video games and the millions they employ.
We won’t have to send them to college, for their brains won’t be so deep.
We’ll save lots of money, and they don’t bug us when we sleep.
She reminds me of the teacher’s notes of bad grades and poor behavior.
“Fear not, my worried wife, for Prozac will be our savior!”
"Now let’s wrap these presents, as noisy as they are.
I just bought stock in Duracell, I’ll bet it will go far" (not a stock tip).
Even though the toys are wrapped in paper and wrapped in bows,
it looks and sounds like the fourth of July going on around our toes.
“This will never do,” I say, “for the kids will wake to this clatter!”
“They’re already awake,” my wife observes, “they’re texting, so it doesn’t matter.”
Ding!, “Oh, good gravy. They’re sending one to me now.”
“They want to know if we will be up soon so we can bring some drinks and chow.”
Remember when we were young and Christmas was quiet and full of ease?
Ding! “Oh great, now they want some salty crackers and easy cheese!”=
I’m so glad we have a loving family even though they’re all so very plugged in.
Could non-stop screen time in our lives be a mortal sin?
Oh! There’s Santa coming down our chimney, maybe he knows the way.
"Tell us, Santa, have we been good? We’re waiting for what you have to say."
Wait, that’s not Santa, that’s your mother, and she’s had too much “eggnog” to drink (the mustache fooled me).
She said “My GPS gave me the wrrrrrong directions. These things really stink!”
For great tips, check back here each week and listen to me on the All Tech Radio show at 9:00 Sunday mornings on AM 1360 KUIK and at 10:00 AM on KOL in Seattle, or listen online at http://alltechradio.com.
To buy my latest book “How to be an IT Administrator,” go to http://howtobeanitadministrator.com/
If you would like your technical question answered here, just email rmcmillen@koin.com. Even if it doesn’t get answered in the column, I will always answer by email.

No comments:

Post a Comment